Thursday, March 5, 2009

Misguided Politeness

I knew it is misguided yet I followed it. Why? I don’t have the answer. The things we humans do for civility I guess. There is a flip side too but too tired to write about that.


I am talking about the farcical course I am currently enrolled in. I chose the word ‘enrolled’ instead of ‘studying’ though we are towards the tail end of the course, because we don’t do much studying except sit around waiting for something to happen.

Ok to get to the title of this post; as part of the course we are expected to make a blog entry before we finish for the day. I was in a miserable and frustrated mood and I didn't have kind thoughts about the teacher either. Hence deliberately avoided the blog entry. Of course not this blog, but the one made especially for the course. I didn’t trust myself as to what I will write.

I was in a frame of mind to write
“what an unproductive day! Sat around fiddling with WebPages until lunch time”.
And our teacher loves telling
“want a break?”
“Go take a break” or
“morning tea time”
“Ok let’s have lunch” and mid afternoon he would ask
“anyone want a break?”

Break, break, break...... break from what? Break from endless break we have in class? It is as if we go out of habit to be miserable and to drink bad coffee and eat lunch; Let’s boogie.......

How can this teacher go home and sleep?

No comments:

Post a Comment