Saturday, February 28, 2009

Annoying People

Argh.......why can’t hairdressers put a zip in it and cut our hair? Not all of us want to tell our life story to the hairdresser or the barman!
Where do you live? What do you do? How many kids do you have? How old are they? Where do you work?

Why stop there?..... Why not ask how much I earn, how old I am, what I ate for breakfast, did I have sex last night? Arghhhhhh

How presumptuous of this woman to assume that I was not born in this country just because I don’t have the right skin colour and to ask "how long have you lived in this country?" This then led to an onslaught of questions, among them was the "Do you like living here?"..... What sort of a ignorant question is that after I replied "20 years"

For Christ sake I have lived in this country for 20 years. Will I live somewhere I didn’t like? And I have asnwered those same questions time and time again 20 million times over the last 20 years.

My regular hairdresser doesn’t say boo to me after the initial “hello, come in” “just a trim today?” and “how much do you want taken off”. She then set off to do her job, which btw she does a damn good job of, and during which I alternate between drifting off to my dreamland to examining my face in the mirror and be miserable about the lines around my mouth and then back to dreaming again. And I come out a happy customer.
Unfortunately she wasn’t working today and against my better judgment I chose another. I made a mental note to tell her, politely of course, to concentrate on the cutting if she started to talk. But of course when someone is so nice and polite, you just can’t say the things concocted in your head prior to that.

At the beginning I kept my replies to a short “yes” or “no” to see if she will get the drift. Oh no she had to keep on asking question after question and then some of the questions warranted a longer answer than a “yes” or “no”

No comments:

Post a Comment