Sunday, February 15, 2009

Options

It is very hard to live with regrets. You always find something to regret. I had a few difficult days after seeing a friend’s profile and how gorgeous she still looked. How toned her arms were etc. But then again she lives a very comfortable life....me on the other hand.........well never mind.

I went to see a movie tonight about the plight of people during natural disasters. People are absolutely helpless and have to depend on others. People who have lost everything; their homes, family members, friends, pets, their schools and the list goes on. Some have lost their entire family and some of the extended family and have nothing left, yet functioning. They have to begin life again in a country with so little help and so much red tape and a bullshit bureaucracy.

I drove home with a heavy heart and feeling of guilt about how shallow we humans can be from time to time. How we opt to see the grass always greener on the other side.

I think I needed to see this movie. A timely knock on the head, to look around and be thankful.

If I want toned arms get out and do some arm exercises,damn it! and if I want a comfortable life do something about it!

At least be thankful for the options.

No comments:

Post a Comment